Hire Purchase Agreements: What You Need to Know
What is a hire purchase (HP)?
- You'll agree an initial deposit (minimum £500), your agreement term (12 - 60 months) and your monthly repayments with Maeving.
- Your deposit is taken from the price of the motorcycle.
- You'll then pay the remaining balance plus interest in equal monthly repayments over the agreed term.
- Black Horse buys the motorcycle on your behalf and owns the motorcycle for the duration of the finance agreement.
- After you've made all the repayments including any interest, you will become the owner of the motorcycle.
Hire Purchase is ideal if
- You want to own the motorcycle outright at the end of the agreement.
- You like to budget and know the exact repayment amount each month.
The choice is yours
- Choose any Maeving electric motorcycle. Some exceptions may apply.
- Minimum and maximum finance amounts may apply.
Things to consider
- You must be at least 18 years old and a permanent UK resident.
- You must have, at a minimum, third party, fire and theft insurance for the full replacement value.
- You must have the relevant driving licence for the motorcycle.
- The motorcycle is at risk of repossession if you do not maintain contractual repayments.
- Protection under the Consumer Credit Act Termination Rights and Protection under the Consumer Rights Act.
- Before you decide to apply for finance for a motorcycle, we would encourage you to make enquiries of the dealer to ensure you fully understand the history of the motorcycle so that you can make a fully informed decision as to whether the motorcycle is suitable for you.
- Dealers typically receive commission or other benefits for introducing you to us. If you request, they must tell you, in good time before you enter into the credit agreement, the amount of any commission payable.
- Details of your credit agreement will be recorded with credit reference agencies.