Regularly cleaning your Maeving will keep it easy on the eye and smooth on the road. Here's our best tips for ensuring your motorcycle remains spotless all year round.
How to safely wash your Maeving
We thoroughly recommend avoiding using high-pressure water sprays as these can cause damage to the bearings and electrical components. It's also best advised to not squirt water directly at the wheel, swingarm or headstock bearings, as this can force grease out and lead to premature wear.
To get the best results, invest in the best cleaning products. Our Procurement Team carefully selected the very best products from Muc-Off, the essential cleaning brand for all things two-wheels, to make sure you're well equipped for keeping your Maeving spotless.Click here to view the Muc-Off products
To safely wash your Maeving, we recommend the following steps:
- Avoid washing your bike in direct sunlight.
- Rinse the bike with cool water to remove any loose dirt.
- Apply the Muc-Off Nano Tech Motorcycle cleaner to the bike and wash your Maeving with the Microfibre Wash Mitt.
- Rinse the mitt regularly during the wash to ensure that no grit gets into it, as this could scratch the surface of your motorcycle.
- After cleaning, rinse your Maeving RM1 thoroughly with plenty of clean water. This will make sure there is no detergent residue left on the bike, which could cause damage to the component finishes.
- Dry the bike with the Muc-Off Microfibre Polishing Cloth, ensuring there are no areas where water has collected, as this could leave marks.
- To remove water between the discs and the pads, gently push the bike and then apply the brakes.
- After drying, painted surfaces can be polished and coated in good quality automotive wax to provide a high quality shine.
Removing Road Salt
During the winter months, there's a good chance the roads will be gritted. The salt used in this process, combined with wet weather, can be an extremely corrosive combination.
It's recommended you wash your Maeving down after riding on salted roads. Here's how:
- Make sure you only use cool water to rinse and wash the bike, as warm water worsens the effect of the salt.
- Once finished, dry the motorcycle thoroughly.
- Finally, for best results, apply the Muc-Off HCB-1 Spray to the metalwork, plastics and paintwork.
GET THE ESSENTIALS
When it comes to cleaning your motorcycle, Muc-Off make the best products around. These selected Muc-Off products will ensure your motorcycle remains clean all year round.
What do you get?
- Muc-Off Nano Tech Motorcycle Cleaner
Muc-Off's Biodegradable Bike Cleaner has an exceptionally effective cleaning formula, containing 'Nano Technology' that cares for your bike's delicate finishes. The cleaner contains no harmful acids, CFC's or solvents, and is fully degradable.
- Muc-Off 2-in-1 Microfibre Wash Mitt
- The ultimate partner in crime to the Nano Tech Cleaner, this mitt is perfect for removing stubborn dirt and bugs, and is safe to use all over the bike.
- Muc-Off Luxury Microfibre Polishing Cloth
- Containing 'split-fibre' technology that vastly increases surface area absorbency to easily eliminate smears and blemishes, this polishing cloth will also trap dirt deep in the pile of the cloth, which will help avoid damaged paint work.
- Muc-Off HCB-1 Spray
- The essential spray for those who like to ride in all weather conditions. It keeps moisture out effectively, creating a durable anticorrosive layer of protection on your bike's frame, metalwork, plastics and paintwork. The ideal spray for a winter rider.
If you have any questions about Muc-Off's products or cleaning your Maeving, our Customer Service team are here to help.